Guest Book Entries
ಇದೊಂದು ಕುಟುಂಬದಂತಾಗಿದೆ ಅಪರಿಚಿತರಿಗೂ ಹೃದಯ ಮಿಡಿಯುವುದ ಕಲಿತಿದೆ ಯಾರೋ ಎಲ್ಲಿಂದಲೋ ಬಂದು ಸೇರುವದು ಜಠರಕೂ ಮನಸಿಗೂ ರುಚಿಯ ಉಣಬಡಿಸುವರು ಕುಣಿವರು, ನಗುವರು, ನಲಿವರು ಜೊತೆಯಲಿ ಕೇಕೆ ಹಾಕುವರು ವರ್ಷಕೊಮ್ಮೆ ಸಿಕ್ಕರೆಯೇ ಹೆಚ್ಚು ಆದರೂ ಹಾಗೆ ಸಿಗುವುದರದೇ ಹುಚ್ಚು ಅದೇನೋ ಬೆಸುದುಕೊಂಡಿದೆ ನಮ್ಮ ನಡುವೆ ಬಂದು ಹೋಗುವವರೊಂದಿಗೆ ಅಂಟಿಕೊಂಡಿದೆ ನಮ್ಮ ಗೊಡವೆ ಯಾರೋ ಏನೋ! ಎಲ್ಲಿಂದ ಬಂದವರೋ! ಈ ಚಂದ್ರನಿಂದ ನಮ್ಮ ಜೊತೆಯಾಗಿದೆ ಇದೊಂದು ಕುಟುಂಬದಂತಾಗಿದೆ.
Guest Book Entries
Hatsoff to Mr. Kishore once again for the wonderful place. Ohh What a rainathon... it was fabulous. Superb rain with mist... unforgettable..
Walk in the rain with Leech bites were good.Thanks for Sunil Gokhale and team for the hard efforts taken to drive inside the forest, locate a place for food preparation. With all these hardships, the taste & quality of food was fantastic.
Wish Mr. Kishore would conduct more such rainathons as people would start getting a feel on the nature and forget their work, family,friends and electronic gadgets for a day.
Guest Book Entries
Awesome experience and unbelievable co ordinatiins from al the organizing members. We never felt at any point of time as others .....
Good concept nice people and unlimited fun !!!!!well organized thank you each and everyone who were the part of Rainthaon V
"Well...!! I must admit that this event has proven the possibility of bonding with nature at its best. We all grew up with nature for a major part of our lives. this means that we were also taught about the wisdoms of nature's law of unpredictability.
This event has reminded us of all that lessons and forgotten wisdoms. A lovely day to walk amidst rain. The screeching of insects.. the gush of cool breeze under the ears.. the sweat running down your spine and unlimited fun with new found friendships. all these ends up with the blessings of goddess annapurna. What more could one ask for? This trip was spiritually up-lifting & heart filling. I can only call this in one phrase as"A surmounting sojourn"
Kudos to organisers who functioned flawlessly and made the trip a pleasurable getaway. Congrats to all those who worked under the hood to make all this happen. You certainly earned many hearts to bless you.
This was my first rainathon and it was fantastic. First time i walked for 15kms , the weather was sunny, cloudy and finally it rained which we were expecting. The morning breakfast and mangaluru buns with hot tea was amazing. Enjoyed the scenic beauty, thick vegetation with fresh oxygen which will be remembered forever. The lunch was delicious especially the godi halwa was mouth watering.
Thanks for all the rainathonians for making this event successful
Eagerly waiting for the next rainathon season ..
Moonathon was Awesome and enjoyed a lot...It was very good experience....Got to hear some roaring sound of Elephants...Got a chance to prepare food,Good team support,Enjoyed camp fire.
Thanks a lot to full team and special thanks to Kishore,Rashmi & Bhavya for the cherishable moment spent with moonathon team and also would like say thanks to Vidyadhara for introducing me to such a friendly and adventures group.
Looking forward for the one more Moonthaon and for sure i would like to be part of Rainathon group tooo...
The positive experiences:
- That amazing walk in the rain with leach bites.
- Food after the trek was brilliant. I can never forget that.
- The wonderful hospitality of the school and local people there was touching. We are thankful to them for having us in their wonderful homes and serving such beautiful food.
- Endless enthusiasm of the volunteers.
- We should extend rainathon to non rainy seasons as well. Day treks / walks would be great.
- Have smaller teams spread across sessions will help in managing better.
- Collect more funds to cover unexpected / unforseen expenses in advance. Its not fair for Kishore to be covering extra charges from his pocket everytime.
- Extra funds (Social funds) to support local schools would be wonderful. That was a very thoughtful gesture from Kishore again.
- Make it profitable so that profits can be re-routed to making future treks better.
- Enroll into email list. Google groups is a good way to spread messages and Google Calendar is a wonderful way to display calendar of activities. You can integrate it to your website as well.
- MOST IMPORTANT: Give priorities to Elders (> 60 years) / Children and also for participant who are injured. They need first access to the right seats in the buses, right food / medicines in the right time, first access to toilets and EVERYTHING. I have seen very sad behavior of some of the participants who did not care for the state of the children were in. They were purely selfish which was very sad. The organizers / team leaders and volunteers SHOULD keep this in mind AS A PRIORITY. All detailed planning should be around this. The children were extremely tired after 6 PM. I dont think adults realize how much physically taxing it can be for the little ones. There was one lady who couldnt walk due to inflammation in her knees and I am not sure if she got any medical help. Hence smaller teams will help in managing it better and it also means less risk.
It was a brilliant experience n thank god for giving this thought to Mr.Kishore :).....the first few kms under the sun and later Lord Varuna blessing whole heartedly on us........wid raktabeejasuras as hurdles amidst the dense jungle of western ghats n stories of spotting cheetah,snakes,Brown Rabbit etc etc was fun....looking forward to the next one..........
It was great experience and my first encounter with leeches … Initially I started feeling upset as rain didn’t start till noon… but next half of day its downpour made our wish come true. It was one of unforgettable movement for me and great team around made me feel full pisa vasool. :) :)
great experiance to rainathon i am full enjoy 2 bus this is my first rainathon superb .......
Mahadev Bodas M
I enjoyed a lot. I will tell my school frineds to join me. and sing and dance. I love Rainathon :)
ನಾನು ಇಷ್ಟೊಂದ್ ಮಾಜಾ ಲೈಫ್ ನಲ್ಲೇ ಮಾಡಿಲ್ಲಾ, ನಮ್ ಜ್ಯೊತೆ ಬಂದವರು ಯಾರು ಇತರ ಮಜಾ ಇರತ್ತೆ ಅಂತ ತಿಳ್ಕೊಂಡಿಲ್ಲ ಬಿಡಿ, ಆ ಊಟ, ಬನ್ಸು, ಬಿಸಿ ಚಹಾ... ನಾನ್ ಅಂತು ಇನ್ ಮುಂದೆ ಯಾವ ರಯ್ನತಾನ್ ಮಿಸ್ ಮಾಡಲ್ಲ
Feeling great to read memories posted by the participents... Rainathon Season 4 is scheduled on 22nd Aug 2014 and only 5 seats available from Bangalore, this time group is as big as 65 Nos from Bangalore alone and expected to see 10 more people are joining us from Mangalore, Shivamogga, Honnaravar, Mysore...
Season 4 will be last Rainthon for 2014 and Season 5 will on 3rd July 2015
ಭಾಮಿನಿ ಷಟ್ಪದಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ರೈನಥೋನಿನ ಬಗ್ಗೆ
ದೂರದೆತ್ತರಕೆ ಕಂಪ ಚೆಲ್ಲಿ
ಹರು ವಿಜಯಗಾಯನದ ಪಲ್ಲವಿ
ಯರಚಿ ಸಿರೈನಥೋನಿನ ಡಿಂಡಿಮವಂಬಾರಿಸುತ |
ಹಾರಕಲಿತ ಖಗದಂತೆ ಹರ್ಷಿ
ತರು ಜಗವಗೆದ್ದ ಖುಷಿಯಂತೋ
ರ್ವರೀಜನ ಬಿಸಿಲೆಯೊಳ್ಚಾರಣ ಮಾಡಿ ಮಳೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ||
Go Walk in the rain
in the forest with small lane
Meeting new ones is the motto main,
your legs do get a little pain
but Your efforts will not go invain
because happiness is what you gain
Vasudha Gokhale Bhat
Rain rain go away..come again another day
Little johny wants to play...
Do we remember this rhyme we recited in childhood ?:-)
Yes since then... we were seasoned to stay away from rain..
But rainathon opened up a door to a new world of experience... an experience thats out of the world..:-)
In nature's lap, we became children again
And for sure.. henceforth everybody would sing
Rain rain come again this day
We want drench dance sing all the way !:-)
Thanks team..for such cherishable memories...
This is a mesmerizing and joyful event which I would cherish for my lifetime. As the group coordinator, I have really enjoyed a lot. I got to meet new people, made a lot of friends. Together we explored various places where I hadn't been till then. The enthusiasm and the response of the people was amazing and gave an immense pleasure to me. I would certainly not like to miss any of the seasons given the fact that this is very unique and out of the world !
Drench in the Rain,
Dance in the Rain ,
Sing in the Rain ,
Laugh in the Rain,
Play in the Rain,
Plough in the Rain,
Dine in the Rain,
Walk in the Rain,
Be carefree for a day and forget all the Pain.. :)
ಮಳೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ನೆನೆಯಬೇಡಿ, ನೆಗಡಿ ಆದೀತು, ಜ್ವರ ಬಂದೀತು.... ಎನ್ನುವುದಕ್ಕೆ ಇದೊಂದು ಅಪವಾದವೇ ಸರಿ...
ಮಲೆನಾಡ ಮಳೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ನೆನೆಯುವುದೇ ಒಂದು ಸೌಭಾಗ್ಯ.... ಅದನ್ನು ಅನುಭವಿಸಿದವರಿಗೆ ಗೊತ್ತು...
ಕಿಶೋರ್ ಪಟವರ್ಧನ ಅವರ ಈ ಪ್ರಯೋಗಕ್ಕೆ ಹೃತ್ಪೂರ್ವಕ ಅಭಿನಂದನೆಗಳು.
ಕೆಲವರೆ೦ದರು ಹುಚ್ಚು ಇನ್ನಾರಿಗೋ ಕಿಚ್ಚು
ಉಳಿದವರಿಗಾಯ್ತು ಬಲು ಅಚ್ಚು ಮೆಚ್ಚು
ಈ ನಮ್ಮ ರೈನ್ ಹುಚ್ಚು ಸರ್ವಜ್ಞ
Rainathon is a huge success - Amazing response for Rainathon.
Hurry up!! Register fast.!!